TSHP Pharmacist Practitioner Recognition
(Fellows) Program (FTSHP)
2019 application deadline is December 15.
The Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists’ Practitioner Recognition Program (FTSHP) is designed to recognize members who have made significant and sustained contributions to the Society and the profession. It is intended to recognize excellence in health-system pharmacy practice and promote public awareness of pharmacists who have distinguished themselves in practice. Candidates may not be a current director, officer, or employee of TSHP, or a member of the TSHP Credentialing Committee.
To be eligible for consideration an applicant must:
- Be a current pharmacist member of TSHP,
- Have been an active member of TSHP for at least five years,
- Cannot be a current TSHP Officer or member of the TSHP Credentialing Committee,
- Have participated in TSHP activities at the regional or state level for at least three years (does not have to be consecutive years), and
- Demonstrate sustained practice excellence in health-system pharmacy for at least seven years following pharmacy licensure (Narrative is required in Section VI - Professional Experience of the application).
- Click here to review a copy of the application to ensure that you meet all criteria.
- Have all required information/documentation ready before you begin and ensure that you have adequate time to complete before you begin your online submission.
- Application must be completed by the candidate.
- This application is a 2-step process. Step 1: submit your intent to apply and get your custom application link. Step 2: Using your custom link sent to the email you provided in Step 1, complete full pages at a time, save each complete page, print application (before submitting), then submit to complete the process. (It is important to save your custom link so you may access your application “in-progress”.)
- Fill out the online application completely. (Click “Submit”. You will receive a confirmation email that your completed application was received.) An application that is incomplete shall serve as the basis for denial.
- A curriculum vitae must be uploaded with application, but attachment of a curriculum vitae and reference to applicable sections shall not be acceptable as a substitute to the full completion of the application.
- Applicant must obtain at least three letters of support, attesting to the professional accomplishments and satisfaction of the criteria of Items V through IX for designation as a TSHP Fellow.
- Ensure that all letters of support have been submitted by your colleagues, as outlined below, by the deadline. Letters of support submitted with application or received after the deadline date will not be accepted.
- Submit completed application and CV to the TSHP Practitioner Recognition Program Credentialing Committee via the online application by the posted deadline. If you experience any technical difficulties in submitting your application or uploading your CV, please contact (512) 906-0546 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING LETTERS OF SUPPORT:
When requesting letters of support, you must supply that individual with a copy of the application and your CV along with a note from you asking them to specifically address Item V through IX in their letter of recommendation.
TSHP’s Pharmacist Practitioner Recognition Program Credentialing Committee will review applications, submit their recommendations to the TSHP Executive Committee and TSHP Board of Directors for their review and approval. You will receive notification of your status in early February.
- Candidate must send the names and emails of all individuals the Candidate has requested to submit letters of support to TSHP at email@example.com.
- All letters of support must be sent directly to TSHP by the submitter of the letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax (512) 852-8514, or by U.S. mail TSHP, 3000 Joe DiMaggio Blvd, Ste 30A, Round Rock, TX 78665-3920.
- All letters of support must specifically outline contributions to the pharmacy profession.
- At least one letter must be from a current TSHP member.
- Letters of recommendation may not be submitted by any current member of the Credentialing Committee or by TSHP’s Executive Director.
- Candidate assumes all responsibility for following up with the individuals who will be submitting their letters of support and ensuring that TSHP has them in their possession by the deadline.
»Submit your Fellows application here
Announcement: New Fellows will be announced and recognized at the TSHP Annual Seminar.