TSHP Neonatal & Pediatrics Conference
October 25-27, 2019 | Houston, TX
Offering pediatric and neonatal ACPE-accredited continuing education for our pharmacy community, the TSHP Neonatal & Pediatrics Conference has something for you! Whether you are new to pediatrics, treating only a few children per year, or a seasoned pediatric pharmacist, attendees can choose from more than 20 hours of pediatric & neonatal education.
Preliminary Conference Agenda
Download Full CPE Information
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2019
- Pediatric Primer Workshop . . .12:30 PM - 6:00 PM
Additional registration required.See registration form for details.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2019
- Registration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Breakfast . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
- Keynote Presentation . . . . . . . 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Educational Sessions . . . . . . . 9:00 AM - 11:05 AM
- Lunch with Exhibitors . . . . . . . 11:15 AM - 1:00 PM
- Educational Sessions . . . . . . . 1:00 PM - 3:05 PM
- Refreshment Break . . . . . . . . . 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Educational Sessions . . . . . . . 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Reception . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27, 2019
- Registration . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Continental Breakfast . . . . . . . 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Educational Sessions . . . . . . . 8:00 AM - 11:15 AM
- Lunch with Exhibitors . . . . . . . .11:15 AM - 1:00 PM
- Texas Children's Hospital Tour. . .1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Separate ticketed event. See registration form for details.
Schedule subject to change. Onsite registration is available.
Conference Overall Learning Objectives:
1. Provide and review current information pertaining to drug therapy in pediatric and neonatal setting.
2. Review best practices in current and new technologies that can reduce the risk of medication errors.
3. Describe the latest pharmacy laws and regulations that affect the pharmacy practice within the pediatric and neonatal populations including: USP <800>, compounding medications, and specialty pharmacy.
4. Discuss strategies to provide learning experiences for pharmacy students and/or residents in the pediatric and neonatal populations.
5. Provide a conducive learning environment for the exchange of information among healthcare professionals focused on the pediatric and neonatal population.
The Texas Society of Health-System Pharmacists is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. These knowledge- and application-based continuing professional education programs may provide up to 14.0 contact hour (1.4 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education. This education has been designed with pharmacist and technician learners in mind. To receive credit for participation in these live educational sessions, you must claim your credit via the TSHP Education Portal (http://tshp.wcea.education/) no later than Monday, December 9, 2019. A live event “secret code” will be provided during the session, you must retain this code to claim your credit. A session evaluation must be completed through the online portal for credit to be issued. Access to an Internet enabled computer is required and use of the Mozilla Firefox browser is recommended. Accurate NABP profile and date of birth information is required for successful credit submission. It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure credit has been successfully transferred to their My CPE Monitor Profiles. TSHP is not responsible for loss of credit to participants that do not ensure credit issuance to their My CPE Monitor Profiles by Monday, December 9, 2019.
Location & Hotel Accommodations
JW Marriott Houston by The Galleria
5150 Westheimer Road
Houston, Texas 77056
|Book a room online or call Marriott directly at (800) 228-9290.
Reserve by October 4 to receive the discounted room of $129/night plus tax.
Parking: Conference attendees receive a 25% discount on self-parking. See the onsite registration desk for details.
Exhibitor & Sponsorship Opportunities
Thank You to Our 2019 Exhibitors:
- Allergan Neurosciences
Allergan is a world leader in neuromodulator therapy and neurosciences. For over two decades, we have been committed to the research and clinical development of BOTOX® (OnabotulinumtoxinA), one of the world’s most versatile medicines, to improve the physical well-being and resulting quality of life for people around the world who suffer from a variety of serious or debilitating disorders. BOTOX® is available in more than 75 countries with 20 approved indications.
- BTG International Plc.
BTG is a growing international specialist healthcare company bringing to market innovative products in specialist areas of medicine to better serve doctors and their patients. We have a portfolio of Interventional Medicine products to advance the treatment of liver tumors, emphysema, blood clots, and varicose veins, and Specialty Pharmaceuticals that help patients overexposed to certain medications or toxins. Inspired by patient and physician needs, BTG is investing to expand its portfolio to address some of today’s most complex healthcare challenges. To learn more about BTG, please visit: btgplc.com.
- Chiesi Pharmaceuticals
Chiesi USA, Inc., headquartered in Cary, NC, is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on commercializing products for the hospital and adjacent specialty markets. Chiesi USA, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chiesi Farmaceutici S.p.A. For more information, please visit www.chiesiusa.com or call our customer service department at (888) 466-6505.
- Equashield LLC
Equashield is a leading provider of a full range of manual and automated solutions to hospitals for the compounding and administration of hazardous drugs. Equashield's product suite includes EQUASHIELD II, its flagship Closed System Transfer Device (CSTD), and EQUASHIELD® Pro, the first ever closed system drug compounding robot. Equashield's CSTD is clinically-proven to protect healthcare professionals from hazardous drug exposure with its leak-proof, airtight, truly closed design.
- Fresenius Kabi
Fresenius Kabi is a global health care company that specializes in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. Our products are used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients. The people of Fresenius Kabi are driven by a common purpose to put lifesaving medicines and technologies in the hands of people who care for patients, and to find answers to the challenges they face.
- Grifols USA
- Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Nephron Pharmaceuticals Corporation is a leading manufacturer of generic respiratory and 503B outsourcing medications. The company produces pre-filled sterile syringes and IV bags for hospitals across America, in an effort to alleviate their drug shortage needs. Licensed by the Food and Drug Administration, Nephron follows cGMP, GDP and all quality expectations. Nephron received a 2017 ISPE/FOYA innovation award for the high level of automation present throughout the facility. For more information, please visit www.nephronpharm.com.
- Pfizer Biosimilars
- Steri-Tamp® by Allied Pharmacy Products, Inc.
Allied Pharmacy Products, Inc. manufactures Steri-Tamp®, the most innovative single-use seals in hospital pharmacy today. Steri-Tamp®'s Vial Seals provide a 100% sterile barrier. Our non-sterile Tamper-Clear Syringe Seal® enables you to clearly see the markings on a syringe and scan any barcodes or labels. Steri-Tamp® has a patented dual-layer, so when the top layer is removed, an “OPENED” warning is left behind, providing true tamper-evidence. To learn more, please visit our website at www.steri-tamp.com.